Support Engineer (f/m/d) - Remote within UTC -3 / UTC -5 Time Zone
RemoteUnited States, New York, New YorkCustomer Success
How you will make an impact
As our Support Engineer, you will be at the forefront of assisting customers who are building amazing websites, apps, and other digital experiences using cutting-edge technologies. Situated between customer success and product, the support team mainly manages Hygraph-related issues that have an impact on product usage and project development. By providing this assistance, and escalating issues when necessary to our Engineering and product team, our Support Engineer gives our customers confidence that their needs are represented and addressed. Many large customers rely on Hygraph to power their public websites, mobile apps, and other mission-critical parts of their business, thus the role plays a vital role in enabling their success in doing so.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is located within the Eastern, Atlantic or Argentinian time zone in the US, Canada, Latin or South-America.
You will be part of the Customer Success team, a spirited group where we like to keep things light-hearted while also solving difficult customer situations and creating new internal processes. Intellectual curiosity and interpersonal relationship skills are core to what we do; we seek to understand the “why” and not just the “what.” We practice empathy and the art of anticipating customer needs.
Some of your tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintaining oversight of customer support activities on different channels (including email, Slack & Intercom) and answering support requests.
- Advising our customers on how to have the best possible experience on our platform and striving to make a connection with them.
- Being the bridge between our team and customer feedback in order to actively drive improvements when it comes to our customers' experience and internal processes.
- Collaborating directly with our Developer/Product Team to help ensure fast solutions to problems.
- Collaborating directly with our Customer Success Team to ensure the customers' happiness.
- Staying informed on product changes and rapidly learning information about the product to ensure the delivery of updated information.
Our expectations from you
- IT-relevant degree (university or university of applied sciences) and IT development experience of at least 1 year.
- Experience working with APIs and API-based SaaS integrations.
- A good understanding of how web applications and mobile apps are built and work with an ability to explain concepts clearly and produce example code that complements your explanation and an ability to monitor logs and process them to aggregate/analyse data.
- At least 1 year of experience in a customer support role.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, and enjoys helping people with a customer-focused attitude and strong problem solving skills.
- A track record of getting things done in an environment that combines collaboration and individual responsibility and an appetite for high-growth, rapidly-changing environments.
- Experience and Familiarity with support tools i.e Intercom.
- Software development experience in one or more of our supported languages is a plus.
The application is reviewed.
Intro call with our Talent Acquisition Manager & Head of Customer Success.
Case study or assignment.
Case study debriefing and interview with colleagues from our Commercial and/or Leadership Team.
Team Fit call.
Reference Check and Offer.
The response time is usually within 2 weeks for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
At Hygraph we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 60 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
Working at Hygraph
- Competitive salary package including benefits.
- Our teams are passionate about our product.
- Self-motivation, trust, and collaboration is the driving factor for our success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership.
- We have a workstation budget to support the remote work on top of providing the latest company IT equipment (e.g. Macbook).
- We are curious, risk-takers, and we experiment with our ideas and make things happen.
- We work together to provide optimal solutions for our users and adapt to the people and market needs.
- Our flexible working model encourages us to work according to what works best for us and maintain an excellent work-life balance.
- We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 17 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
Hygraph is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.