Senior Product Designer (f/m/d) - Berlin/Anywhere Remote
RemoteGermany, Berlin, BerlinDesign
How you will make an impact
As our Senior Product Designer, you will take on a critical role at Hygraph by owning the end-to-end product design process, adding new features to production, and continuously improving the user experience. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will work closely with the product and engineering teams. Design is an integral part of our continuously evolving product and brand. We see design as a competitive advantage and care deeply about it across the company.
Some of your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Understanding the needs of the content federation & headless CMS market, our customers, and all related stakeholders by doing user research.
- Conducting user interviews & tests to learn more about the users’ needs.
- Collaborating with the product and engineering teams to shape the problem statements and define the long-term strategy and short-term goals.
- Designing end-to-end user experience from discovery to production-ready UI.
- Working closely with the engineering team to launch new features and make improvements to the application.
- Contributing to extending and maintaining our design system.
- Participating in design reviews and sharing your work regularly with the design team and company leadership.
- Sharing knowledge and mentoring other designers in the team.
Our expectations from you
- Expertise in all aspects of product design (UI, UX, research, prototyping).
- Experience working as an individual contributor with a preference for working independently and taking ownership.
- 5+ years of experience working in a design role, preferably at high-growth startups that are developing SaaS products catered to a highly technical audience.
- Strong sense of design aesthetics and a liking for sophisticated design.
- Experience working with and contributing to a design system.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools and having an understanding of front-end fundamentals.
- Interest in responsive web design, theming, and accessibility best practices and their adoption.
- Keen to learn and always being up-to-date with the latest improvements in technology.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Openness to feedback and willingness to learn, reflect, and grow within the organization.
- You enjoy mentoring, and you have experience helping your peers grow in their design skills, understanding of design fundamentals, and overall quality of deliverables in an effort to build a stronger team.
- Understanding and writing UX micro-copy is a plus.
- Familiarity with Headless CMS and designing API-led products is a plus.
We encourage you to apply even if you are not completely sure whether you meet all our requirements. We believe that modesty is a wonderful thing and value your character as much as your talents.
- Intro call with Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s).
- Case study or portfolio presentation.
- Collaborative workshop.
- Team-fit conversation.
- Reference Check and Offer.
The response time is usually within 2 weeks for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
At Hygraph we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 60 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
Working at Hygraph
- Our teams are passionate about our product.
- Self-motivation, trust, and collaboration is the driving factor for our success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership.
- We have a workstation budget to support the remote work on top of providing the latest company IT equipment (e.g. Macbook).
- We are curious, risk-takers, and we experiment with our ideas and make things happen.
- We work together to provide optimal solutions for our users and adapt to the people and market needs.
- Our flexible working model encourages us to work according to what works best for us and maintain an excellent work-life balance.
- We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 17 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
Hygraph is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.