Senior Full-Stack Engineer (f/m/d) - Remote in EMEA
RemoteBerlin, Berlin, GermanyEngineering
How you will make an impact
As our Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will define and implement new features as well as participate in improvements to ensure our user’s experience is best in class. You will leverage your experience with a strong focus on performance and quality to push our product to the next level.
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Node.js, React, Golang, PSQL
- GraphQL, REST
- Pulumi, AWS, Vercel, Cloudflare, Fastly, New Relic, Github actions
Some of your tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely within an autonomous, cross-functional team, solving exciting problems and planning continuous improvements.
- Design and implement scalable and performant solutions.
- Identify and improve performance, scalability, and testability bottlenecks.
- Make architectural decisions and recommendations for creating best in class user experience.
- Participate as part of internal Engineering Guilds, to identify architectural improvements, prioritize and act on them.
- Bring creative ideas and expertise to the table, having a real impact on our product and engineering practices.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
You have gone through different onboarding sessions covering our product, current architecture, and relevant services we run on production, learned about the company's origin and current vision and met colleagues from different departments as part of onboarding as well as weekly virtual social events.
You'd have started to get to know your teammates, learned how we work daily, and contributed to our codebase.
You will be familiar with most concepts related to our product and worked alongside your teammates to deliver features and improvements on production successfully.
You'd have had a few 1:1s with your team lead to check in on how things are going, you will have participated in some Engineering Guild sessions and collaborated with fellow engineers to improve our architecture and developer experience.
You will have made solid contributions to our product and stack, influenced our ways of working, shared knowledge and previous experiences, helping substantially with important decision-making.
What we expect from you:
- 8+ years of JS/TS full stack development experience with a strong Backend focus, ideally Node.js.
- Experience building user interfaces, ideally using React.
- Experience writing testable code, following best practices and design patterns when applicable.
- Experience with developing APIs, ideally using GraphQL and/or REST.
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems.
- Solid experience with modern relational databases, SQL, and understanding of data modeling, indexing, etc.
- Exposure to Golang or interest in learning it.
- Mindful about performance and able to measure it meaningfully.
- Strong expertise in analyzing product requirements and creating technical designs.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to take ownership, but also ask for help and advice when needed.
- Openness to feedback and willingness to learn, reflect, and grow within the organization.
- Experience in successfully driving technical, business, and people-related initiatives that improved productivity, performance, and quality.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with cloud-based development (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and observability tooling
- Experience with web performance monitoring
- Knowledge of Docker and containerized applications
- Experience mentoring other teammates to grow and improve continuously
- Intro call with Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Technical interview
- Team Fit call and Reference check.
- Job Offer.
The response time after application, screening applications, and setting up the first intro call is usually within 1-2 weeks. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
At Hygraph we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Dr. Oetker, Shure, Samsung, Ashley Furniture, Telenor, Philips, and Gamescom. With over $35M in funding led by One Peak, alongside OpenOcean, Peak, and SquareOne Venture Capital, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of about 70 team members, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership. We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
Hygraph is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.