Senior Full-stack Engineer (f/m/d) - Remote EMEA
RemoteRemote, Berlin, GermanyEngineering
Purpose of your role:
The editor experience team is focused on increasing editors’ efficiency. In other words, our goal is to save the time and effort needed to accomplish any goal that a content editor pursues when using our product.
The purpose of the Senior Full Stack Engineer role is to contribute to developing and improving a remote team's product by implementing scalable solutions, mentoring other team members, and enhancing user experience, performance, and quality.
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Node.js, React, Golang, PSQL
- GraphQL, REST
- Pulumi, AWS, Vercel, Cloudflare, Fastly, New Relic, Github actions
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team to solve exciting problems and drive continuous improvements.
- Design and implement scalable and performant solutions.
- Identify and enhance performance, scalability, and testability.
- Make architectural decisions and recommendations to deliver the best user experience.
- Participate in internal cross-team initiatives to identify architectural improvements and drive them forward.
- Bring creative ideas and expertise to influence our product and engineering practices.
- Work in an environment that fosters your individual growth.
During the onboarding sessions, you will gain a deep understanding of our product, current architecture, and relevant services. You will also learn about our company's origins and current vision, and have the opportunity to meet colleagues from different departments. Additionally, you will get to know your teammates, familiarize yourself with our daily workflow, and contribute to our codebase.
By this time, you will be well-versed in our product and have successfully delivered features and improvements to our production environment. You will have participated in Engineering Guild sessions, collaborating with fellow engineers to enhance our architecture and developer experience. Regular 1:1 meetings with your team lead will ensure that things are going smoothly.
You will have made significant contributions to our product and stack, influencing our ways of working and sharing your knowledge and previous experiences. Your insights will play a crucial role in decision-making. Throughout this period, you will continue to drive technical, business, and people-related initiatives that improve productivity, performance, and quality.
What we expect from you:
- Experience in building user interfaces using React.
- Exposure to Remix or a strong interest in learning it.
- Strong understanding of writing testable code, following best practices and design patterns.
- Experience developing APIs, preferably using GraphQL and/or REST.
- Solid industry experience in architecting and developing scalable backend systems.
- Proficiency in modern relational databases, SQL, and data modeling.
- A performance-oriented mindset with the ability to measure it meaningfully.
- Expertise in analyzing product requirements and creating technical designs.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Openness to feedback and a willingness to learn, reflect, and grow.
- Experience in driving technical, business, and people-related initiatives.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Having some experience with event-driven architecture.
- Familiarity with cloud-based development (AWS, GCP, etc.).
- Knowledge of monitoring and observability tooling.
- Experience with web performance monitoring.
- Understanding of Docker and containerized applications.
- Experience mentoring and supporting the growth of other team members.
- Intro call with Talent Acquisition
- Cultural Fit Interview with Hiring Manager
- Technical Interview
- Team Fit call
- Reference Check and Offer
At Hygraph we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 60 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
Hygraph is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.