Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/d) - Remote Anywhere
RemoteGermany, Berlin, BerlinEngineering
At Hygraph, we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 50 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
- We are customer-centric and goal-driven.
- We believe in innovation and encourage everyone to voice their opinions.
- We use our product daily.
- We are open in our communication and feedback.
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Node.js, React, Golang, PSQL
- GraphQL, REST
- Pulumi, AWS, Vercel, Cloudflare, Fastly, New Relic, Github actions
Purpose of your Team and Role
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be working on building an exceptional user experience for the thousands of customers that interact with our product daily. With our product's constant growth and evolution, you will be exposed to interesting problems as we develop new features, improvements, and changes in our architecture.
What you will be working on
- Collaborating closely within an autonomous, cross-functional team, solving exciting problems and planning continuous improvements.
- Designing and implementing scalable and performant solutions.
- Participating in the development and adoption of our UI component library.
- Making architectural decisions and recommendations for creating a best-in-class user experience.
- Participating as part of internal Engineering Guilds, to identify architectural improvements, and prioritize and act on them.
- Bringing creative ideas and expertise to the table, having a real impact on our product and engineering practices.
- Working in an environment that supports your growth.
You have gone through different onboarding sessions covering our product, current architecture, and relevant services we run on production learned about the company's origin and current vision, and met colleagues from different departments as part of onboarding as well as weekly virtual social events.
You would have started to get to know your teammates, learned how we work daily, and contributed to our codebase.
You will be familiar with most concepts related to our product and worked alongside your teammates to deliver features and improvements on production successfully.
You would have had a few 1:1s with your team lead to check in on how things are going, you will have participated in some engineering guild sessions and collaborated with fellow engineers to improve our architecture and developer experience.
You will have made solid contributions to our product, influenced our ways of working, shared knowledge, and previous experience helping substantially with important decision-making.
What we expect from you
- 6+ years of frontend development experience, preferably with React and TypeScript.
- Experience writing testable code, following best practices and design patterns when applicable.
- Mindful about performance and able to measure it meaningfully.
- Strong expertise in analyzing product requirements and creating technical designs.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to take ownership, but also ask for help and advice when needed.
- Openness to feedback and willingness to learn, reflect, and grow within the organization
- Experience in successfully driving technical, business, and people-related initiatives that improved productivity, performance, and quality.
- Experience working with design systems.
- Experience with developing APIs using GraphQL and/or REST.
- Experience with monitoring and observability tooling.
- Experience with accessibility and tools to measure it.
- Experience mentoring other teammates to grow and improve continuously.
Working at Hygraph
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
- Our “manager of one” work style enables a workplace that is run through trust and empowers people to perform their best.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
Intro call with People Manager
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s) (Case study or assignment if applicable)
- Team-fit conversation