(Senior) Financial Accountant (f/m/d) - Berlin/Germany Remote
RemoteGermany, Berlin, BerlinOperations
How you will make an impact
As our (Senior) Financial Accountant, you will be part of the Operations team and report to the VP of Operations. You will become an integral part of moving our accounting operations in-house. You will be expected to proactively and continuously develop existing accounting processes and participate in projects to automize our accounting processes and make them more efficient. You will be interacting closely with your teammates from various departments on topics such as invoice approvals, travel expenses, and debt collection. The operations team is responsible for the company’s financial affairs, legal matters, and administrative duties.
Some of your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Recording monthly journal entries based on German GAAP/HGB (accounts payables, accounts receivables, and general ledger accounts).
- Maintaining master data as well as reconciling and maintaining accounts payables and accounts receivable accounts.
- Account monitoring and handling of outstanding receivables.
- Processing payment runs.
- Preparing provisions and accrual bookings.
- Performing month-end closing process independently.
- Preparing annual financial statements in coordination with our tax advisor.
- Being responsible for the preparation and submission of VAT, ZM, and OSS declarations.
Our expectations from you
- Having a university degree with a focus on accounting and auditing or; Having completed vocational training with a focus on Finance and Accounting.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Financial Accountant and good knowledge of German GAAP (HGB).
- Advanced knowledge of Datev is essential.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, especially Excel.
- Fluent communication skills in German and good communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Availability to work from Berlin headquarters at least once every six weeks, even if you are not based in Berlin.
- Experience working in a startup or in a fast-paced environment and enthusiasm to learn about new processes and ways of working.
- Ability to learn quickly and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, with a reliable and structured way of working, and taking ownership of their role.
- Intro call with Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Structured competency-based Interview with the VP of Operations.
- Excel test if needed.
- Team Fit call.
- Reference Check and Offer.
The response time is usually within 2 weeks for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
At Hygraph we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 60 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
Working at Hygraph
- Our teams are passionate about our product.
- Self-motivation, trust, and collaboration is the driving factor for our success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership.
- We have a workstation budget to support the remote work on top of providing the latest company IT equipment (e.g. Macbook).
- We are curious, risk-takers, and we experiment with our ideas and make things happen.
- We work together to provide optimal solutions for our users and adapt to the people and market needs.
- Our flexible working model encourages us to work according to what works best for us and maintain an excellent work-life balance.
- We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 17 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
Hygraph is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.