Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d) - Remote in EMEA
RemoteRemote, Berlin, GermanyProduct
Purpose of your role as a Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be one of the early members of the Data & Analytics team, and play a critical role in empowering Hygraph to make data-informed decisions by designing, developing, and maintaining our data infrastructure. As a Data Engineer, you will collaborate with different stakeholders to improve our data and associated infrastructure, making it available for further analysis and reporting.
Our current data stack
- Ingestion: Fivetran, Rudderstack
- Warehouse: BigQuery
- Transformation: dbt
- BITools: Metabase, Hex
- Activation: Hightouch
What you'll do:
- Design and build end-to-end data pipelines, including foundational datasets to support analytics, modeling, experimentation, and product needs
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a reliable data infrastructure
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of data engineering and its infrastructure
You have gone through different onboarding sessions covering our product, its current architecture, the relevant data infrastructure, pipelines, and tooling we currently use, learned about the company's origin and current vision, and met colleagues from different departments as part of onboarding as well as weekly virtual social events.
You'd have started to get to know your teammates and stakeholders, learned how we work daily and started contributing to our data infrastructure.
You will be familiar with most concepts related to our product and data infrastructure. You have worked alongside your teammates to drive improvements in our data pipelines as well as troubleshoot and resolve any data pipeline issues.
You'd have had a few 1:1s with your manager to check in on how things are going.
You will have made solid contributions to our data pipelines, infrastructure, and stack in general, influenced our ways of working, shared knowledge and previous experiences, helping substantially with important decision-making.
What we expect from you:
- 6+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role or similar, with architectural purview
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (ie: Typescript, Golang, Python)
- Strong experience with data warehouse solutions (ie: BigQuery, Redshift)
- Experience with designing and building custom data ingestion pipelines
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to take ownership, but also ask for help and advice when needed
- Openness to feedback and willingness to learn, reflect, and grow within the organization
- Experience with building event-driven data ingestion
- Experience with our current data stack
- Experience with analytics engineering
- Intro call with Talent Acquisition
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Technical Interview
- Team-fit call and reference check
- Job Offer
The response time after application, screening applications, and setting up the first intro call is usually within 1-2 weeks. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
At Hygraph we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Dr. Oetker, Shure, Samsung, Ashley Furniture, Telenor, Philips, and Gamescom. With over $35M in funding led by One Peak, alongside OpenOcean, Peak, and SquareOne Venture Capital, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of about 70 team members, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership. We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
Hygraph is an equal-opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.