Developer Relations (Developer Education) (f/m/d) - Remote within North America
RemoteChicago, Illinois, United StatesDeveloper Relations
How you will make an impact
As our Developer Educator on the DevRel team, you’ll take ownership around content creation to increase awareness, acquisition and deeper product and feature usage. You’ll work within overarching team and company narratives to craft compelling guides, tutorials, videos and courses.
For this role, we are looking for a mid-level to senior-level of experience.
Key goals & KPIs, with sample metrics for this role, will be:
- Awareness: Content visibility, content views, audience growth (subscriptions, following, etc.).
- Acquisition: Sign ups, project creation
- Activation: Feature usage, documentation views
Some of your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Create written and video tutorials and guides around Hygraph features and adjacent technologies and methodologies such as GraphQL, MACH architecture, front-end frameworks, etc.
- Partner with the marketing team to create a cohesive content calendar.
- Synthesize overarching developer relations narratives into concrete content ideas.
- Consult on technical documentation through code snippets, content reviews, and feedback.
- Work with product and marketing to plan and create educational materials for new product features and roll outs.
- Engage with the Hygraph Slack community by answering questions, showcasing solutions, and celebrating community contributions.
Our expectations from you:
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- React and React-based meta frameworks (Gatsby, Next.js, etc.)
- Vue and Vue-based meta frameworks (Nuxt.js, etc.)
- Svelte and SvelteKit
- Serverless architecture
- Headless Architecture
- Portfolio of technical content creation (Documentation, blog posts, videos, presentations).
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong spoken communication skills.
- Experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premier, FinalCut Pro, ScreenFlow, or similar.
- Experience working in a product-focused company.
- Experience as a developer advocate in a tech start-up is a bonus.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.
- Intro call with Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Structured competency-based Interviews with our Head of Developer Relations.
- Case Study presentation.
- Team Fit call and Reference check.
- Job Offer.
The response time after application, screening applications, and setting up the first intro call is usually within 1-2 weeks. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
We are an international and friendly team spread across 17 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat. We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership. We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
Hygraph is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.